Monday, November 12, 2007

Quitting Is Not An Option In My Home Based Business


We have all heard the stories about those who started a home business only to quit a few short weeks or months later. It seems to many people expect overnight wealth or fame. They do their research, find a company that they feel was a perfect fit and then expect huge income for doing a little bit of work.

I think the key word in this has been missed, business, and that is what this is, a business. Just because you do not get out of bed, get in your car and go to a brick building does not mean you have to put alot less effort into it. In my opinion, being able to cut the early morning doldrums and drives would serve as an incentive to work even harder at building a strong and successful business. I know that is just one of the things that has driven me each day to go that extra mile, make that next call and place just one more ad before calling it a day.


When I decided that this was the route I was meant to take to earn a living, I never expected ! quick riches. I will not say I wasn't hoping for such, but I knew that the people we hear about who find this success in just 2 weeks are the exception instead of the rule.

There is a story that I go back to when I feel even the slightest bit of my faith waning and it always lights the fire back under me to get going. It is called "The Fern And The Bamboo". This is that story. (Author Unknown)


One day I decided to quit.... I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality.... I wanted to quit my life. I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.

"God", I said. "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"

His answer surprised me... "Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"

"Yes", I replied.

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came ! from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo."
In th e second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo".

He said, "In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit. In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit."

He said, "Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."

He said to me, "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots. I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you. Don't compare yourself to others."

He said, "The bamboo had a different pur! pose than the fern, yet, they both make the forest beautiful." "Your time will come," God said to me. "You will rise high!"

"How high should I rise?" I asked.

"How high will the bamboo rise?",He asked in return.

"As high as it can?" I questioned.

Yes." He said


The people who grow fast and furious are the fern, but most of us, people like me, are the bamboo. We are growing strong roots by attending training classes, learning about advertising and building relationships. Whether it takes us 3 months, 6 months, a year or even two, it is what we must do to have a business that is on a strong foundation. We want a business that will continue to grow as high as it possibly can, but we need that foundation to keep it strong, to keep it from crumbling.


I like to refer to my start in this world of internet marketing as me being an infant. I had never even tried anything like this before. There were days I got frustrated and won! dered if I had made the right decision, but as I continued to ! grow my roots, something amazing happened. It was like somebody flipped a switch and the light in my head came on, I was getting it. I suddenly knew the "lingo", I understood what I had to do and most of all, I believed I could do it. Once this happened, I saw even bigger and better things come my way. People were seeking me out, asking me questions, they were asking me, who only a few months earlier could not have given the definition of back office.


Do what you must do to see your business succeed, attend training, seek out those who are strong and knowledgable, build lasting relationships so that you have a team to cheer you on if you feel like giving up. Surround yourself with these and you will see great things begin to happen like I have. My business is more successful each day that comes. It would not be so if I had given up and quit before I had even given myself a chance.


Giving up on this is really giving up on yourself. Henry Ford, founder of the F! ord Motor Company said, "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." What a true statement. If you think you can, you can and will, if you think you can't, you can't and won't. He also said, "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." So put away all of the I can'ts and stop saying I will do it tomorrow. Get busy today growing those strong roots of a successful business. My own grandfather always said, "can't never could, won't never would and tomorrow never comes." Remember those words and tell yourself, I can, I will, tomorrow is today and today is yesterday, I better get busy now.

Let me close with this, when, not if, WHEN you have that good, strong and successful home based business and you have people following you in, be the sponsor you would want to have. Always remember where you started and what you needed and give them more. This too, is part of being successful.

____________________________________! ______________________________________________________________! ________

Teresa Bishop is an army wife who runs her own home business. She enjoys writing poetry, cooking and spending time with her dogs, Milo & Bear. Teresa is awaiting the return of her husband from his 3rd tour in Iraq. Learn more about Teresa's business at...

http://www.lovesfreedomtoo.com

Source: http://www.a1articles.com/article_244833_80.html
Starting a Home Business

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home