Saturday, December 1, 2007

BABY BOOMERS WHO ARE LOOKING FOR MORE OUT OF LIFE


We?re almost at the age of retirement now and thinking what do I want to do when I grow up? Most of us have worked our whole lives for someone else. What do we have to look forward to after working 20 or 30 years with a company ? a gold watch?? Is that all there is?
Are our 401K plans what we expected them to be? Did we put enough away on our own to cover our retirement expenses? Do we have to continue to work past the 65 retirement age? Or are we finding ourselves wanting?

Wanting ? desiring ? needing?? Wanting more time to enjoy the things we never had time for when we were busy working and raising our families. Desiring to travel and experience different cultures in the world or give our full attention to the hobbies that make us feel fulfilled. Needing to feel free and relaxed without going to the ?job?. How can I achieve this?

I?m a baby boomer myself. I was tired of working for someone else. Life and setbacks along the way did not afford me th! e opportunity to put enough away to retire early while I am still healthy and want to play for the next 20 years instead of work. We are living longer and are healthier than the last generation was at 65.

At this age, it is also a time of reflection. Where have I been and where am I going? Have you found yourself asking those same questions? If so, what did you discover about yourself? I discovered that I was looking for something more meaningful in my life. I wanted to give back to the world. I earned a good living at my ?job? but really couldn?t afford to quit because I still had bills to pay. So I asked myself ?how I could earn a living, put money aside for retirement, have free time to enjoy all those things that I always wanted to, and help others along the way??

I came to the conclusion that I could start my own in-home business. But what kind? There are zillions of home businesses out there. One of my priorities was being able to help others achieve t! heir own goals in life. Another priority was to become financi! ally ind ependent myself.

Since I am a student of personal growth already, I looked at this concept as a business. I went on the net and again found numerous options. So research here I come. I did my due diligence. I was looking for something that would resonate for me. A business that would give me all the attributes that was on my ?want? list.

I landed on the personal development business. I felt that this type of business could ?kill two birds with one stone?. I could give back by mentoring others achieve their goals and become empowered and could earn a great living doing it. But just as important ? I am having a blast doing this. I get to work with my husband and build something together. We talk and share more than we have in years. We have a common goal. We are growing in new ways that I never thought possible. Working a personal development program with your partner is so rewarding. Also the excitement of waking up everyday knowing that I can talk to new peop! le not just about how my life has been changed but about how they want their life to change. What are their dreams about? I see such initial excitement from others about the potential of how a personal development program and business will change their lives. When I first began this business I was so full of hope and excitement that I felt like a little kid going to first grade again. Scared but excited at the same time.

We even get to live our dreams of travel. We are going to Hawaii and Rome for our annual conferences this year. Imagine a large group of people with all the same positive thoughts and energy in one room. It is enlightening to say the least. Wow what a deal!!

So, if any of you other baby boomers like me need more out of life, enjoy helping others achieve their dreams, and tired of your ?job?, I encourage you to check out a personal development business working your own hours from your own home.





Source! : http://www.a1articles.com/article_258501_80.html
Home Based Business Articles Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home